Cup-cake-ology:

(kuhp-keyk-ŏl'ə-jē)
The science of creating, baking, decorating, eating, and enjoying one of the world's most important creations... the cupcake.

Monday, May 17, 2010

three strikes-you're out!


Oh, hello there friends. I've been well, thanks for asking. As you may have noticed, there's this thing that goes on during Spring and Summer called baseball. I know, sounds weird right? I think there's a stick and a ball or something like that...

All kidding aside, I'm not what you'd call a "sports fan" or even someone who "understands" sports. But I do actually enjoy going to baseball games. I'd never been to one until about two years ago, so this is still pretty new to me. Who knows-maybe one day I'll actually cheer for a specific team. It's more the experience of going to the game... finding your seats, pretending you know what's going on, people watching, drinking ridiculously over priced beer, all the food and-AHA! I bet you knew I had an ulterior motive here. I didn't really want to talk about baseball, I wanted to talk about food! What else is new, right?

Well let's get to it, then. First off, I think I really am going to have to write a letter or something. As a vegetarian, having to smell hot dogs all over the place and not being able to eat them is very sad... Veggie dogs, now! It's ok though, I had a soft pretzel. I've been appeased for the time being.

Now on to the point of this whole post/blog/my entire life... Cupcakes! Or... should I say CUBcakes?! Ahhhh, I love bad puns. Are there actually good puns? Who cares? Here we go. I actually made these a few years back for my future father in law's birthday. They were really fun to make, mostly because I really love writing in frosting. I have no idea why, but for some reason I have wayyy better handwriting in frosting than in pen or pencil. Maybe it's a subconscious thing, like I prefer cake to homework, or something... Anywhooo- Cupcakes! Yay!



P.s. the Cubs actually did win, at the game I attended on Sunday, so the picture at the top is not a lie.

2 comments: