Cup-cake-ology:

(kuhp-keyk-ŏl'ə-jē)
The science of creating, baking, decorating, eating, and enjoying one of the world's most important creations... the cupcake.

Friday, May 7, 2010

Monsters, Part Deux


Well, well, well... we meet again, friends. I was trying to think what the subject of this second post should be, and I decided it should just be a continuation of the first one. Because, of course, I have more than one example of monster cupcakes. Well at least I think this qualifies as a monster... That's Muno, from Yo Gabba Gabba! I've never actually seen the show, but making the cupcakes was fun. I hope that doesn't make me lose any of my decorator street cred. Cause that's what I'm really concerned about-what they're saying about my cupcakes, you know, on the streets...

ANYWAY

Originally I was just supposed to make a cake for a two-year-old's birthday party, but it was really last minute and I ended up not having a box big enough for a cake big enough for the amount of people at the party, yadda, yadda, yadda... So I decided to make cupcakes as sort of "cake-cessories" to supplement the cake. And yes, I will take credit for making that up.

I know, I know, this is supposed to be a CUPcake blog. But hey, I got love for the big cakes, too, alright? Ok, great, thanks. First things first, le cake. Or I guess if I'm going the pretend French route I should go all in... Voila! Le Gateau- I thought he turned out pretty darn cute. So that was the main event. Although the wart-y type things on the "actual" guy on the show kind of creep me out, I sort of really like them on the cake version for some reason. This cake and the cupcakes were really some of my most favorite to decorate. They were so fun. I love doing kids' cakes.

Ok, onto the cupcakes! They were seriously so fun to make. Every big, goofy eyeball, each weird, pointy tooth, and kind of gross little monster wart I piped, the more excited I was.

The more I look at these little guys, the more they remind me of another fairly famous monster with only one eye, whom I would absolutely love to turn into cupcakes... I'll let you think about that one, and have to get back to you if/when it happens. So here they are, mini Munos! Hope you enjoy. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment