Cup-cake-ology:

(kuhp-keyk-ŏl'ə-jē)
The science of creating, baking, decorating, eating, and enjoying one of the world's most important creations... the cupcake.

Monday, May 3, 2010

M is for new blog! wait, no it's not...

So this is my blog, people. I'll take this time to introduce myself to all you sugar addicts out there in the land of the internets. My name is Laura, and I like cupcakes. A lot. I love making them, decorating them, EATING THEM(nomnomnom), you know... the usual... Wow, this is really starting to sound more like a support group than a blog post... Oh well, I suppose we'll see where this takes us.

Anyway, I'm pretty much always thinking about cake in one way or another. What kind of cake can I make next? What kind of frosting? What can I turn into cupcakes? When's the next time I get to eat cupcakes? That sort of thing. Basically the point of this blog is to share ideas, get ideas, and show you what has become of ideas I've had.

So let's get down to business, and explain the title of this post... Lately I've been thinking HOLY CRAP I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S MAY ALREADY! That's where the M came in. M is for May aaaaaand Monsters! Which is what my latest project was. A good friend of mine has a little girl who just turned one and she loooooves Elmo. So for her party I made Elmo and Cookie Monster cupcakes. As a lover of cupcakes and Muppets, I was really excited to try these bad boys out. I'd actually been wanting to try out some Sesame Street cupcakes for a while so I was happy to have this opportunity. Soooo without further ado, here they are! Happy monster viewing!

3 comments:

  1. You. Are. Awesome. I have dreamed for years of opening a chic cupcake cafe somewhere. Sigh.....

    ~Kristen 'Almost' Hughes

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG they are fabulous! Can't wait for the next event where we get to feast our eyes and tummies on more of your delicious delights! Momma

    ReplyDelete