Cup-cake-ology:

(kuhp-keyk-ŏl'ə-jē)
The science of creating, baking, decorating, eating, and enjoying one of the world's most important creations... the cupcake.

Sunday, February 13, 2011

ni hao, again!

first off, can I just say I sort of want to learn Mandarin now?
secondly, I know I said this was going to happen yesterday, but I had to go see monster trucks. so sue me...

anyhow, CAAAAKE! honestly there's not really too much to write about these bad boys, since I did a bit of an intro friday night. they were super fun to make, and not nearly as melt-down inducing as some other cake projects I've embarked upon.

first, the cupcakes... these were more an accessory to the cake, but just as yummy!


then the actual cake-the frosting ended up getting a little crackle-y in some places, which kind of bummed me out, but I think it still turned out pretty cute... even though I made Kai-lan look like she ate a few too many donuts before her big appearance on cake... haha.






close-up shot... it'd been a while since I've exercised my frosting drawing skillzzz, but I think it turned out ok.
















the most important thing, though is that the "client" is happy. judging by her little excited smile, I think it all worked out.

1 comment:

  1. Dude, those are fricken' cute. We may need to combine forces!

    ReplyDelete